Nona Hovey currently serves on the music staff of Grace Church in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. She has a Bachelor of Music degree from Concordia College in Moorhead, MN and is a licensed minister who has spent her career in music ministry. Being an accomplished musical score reader she did not improvise or compose.
In her 40’s, Nona began to realize there were fragmented inner parts of her that needed God’s healing. In the process of that healing this CD ministry was born, filled with piano improvisations of scripture as led by the Holy Spirit.
She is now involved in healing prayer, BeStillMusic™ CD's, is a church musician, freelance pianist/organist, mother of two teen daughters, wife to Brian and owner of Patch the dog.
Roger Bull is a man of many talents including executive producer corporate meetings, stage manager, technician, show director, production manager, professional voice talent and singer, audio engineer, audio book narrator, administrator, loves to cook and bake, husband, father, friend and engaged in ministry.
Statement of Faith
• We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
• We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
• We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is Biblically essential.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and through whom the spiritual gifts or enablement’s are operational in the Church today.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
how the cd's are made
These scripture improvisations are recorded with no prepared score. Nona compiles the scriptures, places them on the recording studio piano and invites the Holy Spirit to direct her in a piano improvisation that reflects the text.
The scriptures are then recorded by Roger and matched to the piano improvisations. Occasional application lines give opportunity to apply the scripture to life.
The listener is invited to meditate with God through His Word.
Meditations, Piano, Woman’s Voice: Nona Hovey
Producer, Narrator, Voice Recordings: Roger Bull
Graphic Design donated by: Steve Siewert, DW Advertising
Theological consultant for “Jesus, the One”: Jeremy Thomas
Piano recording and mastering: Matthew Zimmerman, Wild Sound Recording Studio
Prayer Team: Jim and Carol Lynum, The Power Ladies, Dawn Fedora
Child’s Voice for “Still”: Olivia Summers
Child’s Voice for “Christmas”: Deven Burkhart
Audio mixing for “Christmas” and “Fear Not”: Andy Morantz, Morantz Music
Special Thanks to:
Nona’s husband Brian Hovey and daughters Anika and Mikayla.
Roger’s wife Mary Ann Bull and daughter Sophie.
“Everything comes from Him and exists by His power
and is intended for His glory.
All glory to Him forever! Amen.”
Romans 11:36 (NLT)
Questions about your faith journey?
We recommend you visit www.peacewithgod.net to ask questions and find answers.
We are not affiliated with this Billy Graham Evangelistic Association website.